Inmate Mail Rules
1. While you are in the Macomb County Jail your address will be as follows:
Name, (inmate number, if known)
P.O. Box 2308
Mount Clemens, Michigan 48046-2308
2. Legal/privileged mail will be opened in the presence of the inmate and
checked for contraband. All other incoming mail will be checked for
contraband prior to delivery.
3. Incoming personal mail containing unauthorized/prohibited items will be
placed in your property. Prohibited items include but are not limited to:
nude, pornographic, explicit or inappropriate photos/materials, postage
stamps, food items, checks, bills, receipts, envelopes, labels, oversized
cards, Polaroid’s, magnets, stickers, ribbon, etc.
4. Outgoing mail without proper postage and return address will not be
5. Inmate to inmate mail (within the facility) is prohibited.
6.As of 7/1/2021, soft cover books can only be ordered by the inmate through the jail’s commissary program. Prepaid magazine or newspaper subscriptions can be mailed 8 directly to the inmate from the publisher. Materials which may create a threat to jail safety, security, or good order, or which contain nudity, sexual, racial or ethnic profanity, or depictions or descriptions of violence against persons, animals, or property, child abuse of any kind, or any unlawful acts are prohibited. Nudity includes uncovered male or female genitalia and/or female breasts. All reading material is subject to the five (5) item maximum.
7. Under no circumstances will mail be forwarded or held for any inmate.
8. Incoming/outgoing personal mail may be read to maintain building safety
and security. Legal/privileged mail may not be read without a court order.