During court hours, all bonds must be posted at the court with the exception of Circuit Court and Friend Of the Court cases. All other times, bonds can be paid at the Macomb County Sheriff's Office. You can also pay bonds online or over the phone through Government Payment Services:
- Check the Inmate Locator to get information on the inmate you wish to bond out.
- You will need the following information:
- Inmate's Name
- Inmate number
- Case numbers for charges
- Bond or fine amount.
*Please note: AllPaid charges a fee to use your credit card for bond.
**Please also note: Bonds posted through AllPaid will be made out in the inmate's name and funds may be used by the court to cover court costs and fees. Please contact the court of jurisdiction for questions concerning any fees.
Other accepted forms of payment taken in person at the Macomb County Jail are:
- Cashiers Check (Made out to "Macomb County Prisoner Information")
- Major Credit Cards (there is a fee associated with using a credit card)
- Surety Bonds can be posted by Surety Bond Agents. For an approved list of Bonding Agencies please contact the 16th Circuit Court.
Please Note: It may take up to two hours to process a prisoner for release, depending on the activity level in the jail and the housing location of the inmate. Please plan your time accordingly.