The Macomb County Jail currently has a capacity of 1,238 beds. The jail houses pre-trial detainees and prisoners sentenced to one year or less. The facility is staffed by Corrections Officers, Deputy Sheriffs, Sheriff Command Officers, and a variety of support staff and volunteers.
Many programs at the Macomb County Jail help to assist in providing counseling services and the life skills necessary to help reduce recidivism.
Some of these programs include:
- Community Corrections
- Correct Care Solutions (Our Jail's Medical, Dental & Psychological care provider.)
- L'anse Creuse Correctional Education
- Work Release Program (Currently Suspended)
- Prisoner Work Details (Supervised by Sheriff's staff)
- Clinton Counseling - Substance Abuse Treatment Services
- Community Service Alternatives for non-violent offenders
- Jail Ministry / Religious Volunteers
- Inmate Suicide Prevention